Tuesday 3 April 2018

Walking the Strip

We are about 11 days into our stay here so I decided that maybe today I should top up our water to get us through to Sunday.  Besides that, I was dying to try out the new water bladder again.  Off I went to the washroom at the old boat launch area.  The bathrooms are usable but not sparkly clean, but I have been told the water is fine.  It certainly looks good.  There is no tap to hook up to so I had to improvise a hose to fit over the faucet in the sink.  It worked great.


It didn't take very long at all to put 45 gallons of water in the bladder and off we went back to the Ponderosa to dump it.


I just hook into my water system and turn on the pump and it pumps all of the water into my fresh water tank.  Works very slick.


We missed walking the actual Las Vegas Strip the other day when we went to Fremont so today we all piled into the Jeep and headed off for an evening out on the town.  This will be Ed and Lessies first time on the Strip so there is lots to show them.  We parked at the Flamingo which used to be free, but now costs about 12 bucks for the evening but have since found out that the Miracle Mile and Planet Hollywood have free parking.  The Strip was not as busy as it was on Fremont the other night so was nicer to get around.


Our first stop was the Venetian to check out the beautiful architecture and the boats that float down the canals.  I always say that this town bleeds money and it is sure nice to see what they can do with it.


I was looking in all of those windows up top at the old Italian architecture and look who I spotted??  I wonder how many people actually even spot them.  You would have to be standing around just looking to see them, and from what I can see, most people are in a bit of a hurry.


The boats (gondola's) float up and down the canals inside the hotel with an oarsman (or Oarsperson as we Canadians should now call them) who steers them and most of the time they sing to the customers some sort of Italian opera.  We have this gondola ride on our bucket list for a later date.


We wandered through Ceasers and over to the Bellagio to check out the Conservatory display.  It was a Samouri display and featured Cherry Blossoms.  I don't know if you've ever smelled Cherry Blossoms but they smell soooooooo good.   That is how the whole place smelled.  You could walk in there blindfolded and come out raving about how nice it was just based on the smells.  Like I said earlier, amazing what money can create.




Then of course we had to take in a couple fountain shows at the Bellagio as well.  They never cease to amaze me with this spectacular show.



And a quick look up at the Paris and off to home we went.  Great night and my pedometer showed 17000 steps for today. Whew!!!

View of our new neighbours out our window today.


Our Location Today: Government Wash Road NV, near Las Vegas NV. 36.1257 -114.8342


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.